What is the ISP and how to make it on your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prodigyaj

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone !
I just joined today to this forum and it was so wonderful to see people actively participating in helping out each other.

I must confess that how new i am to this forum , I am new to micro-controllers as well.
I plan to work on any project with help of AT89s52 ( 8051 architecture ).I have all the equipments ready for testing AT89s52 but I do not know anything about interfacing the computer and the controller for program transmission.
People say that it is better to make a self made in system programmer but being a newbie i m not aware of ISP ?
I would like to know what exactly is the ISP and how can i make it on my own ?(prefering serial communication )
Also i would like to know can the RX and TX terminals of 8051 controller can be used to program the controller ?

Re: ISP

Hello
you can tru that
writ ISP in the search textbox and u will get a lot of explanitions about isp

Re: ISP

People say that it is better to make a self made in system programmer but being a newbie i m not aware of ISP ?
I would like to know what exactly is the ISP and how can i make it on my own ?(prefering serial communication )
Please take a look at Build Your Own Microcontroller Projects, there are many AT89Cxx project, including any kind of ready make ISP circuit and program

Also i would like to know can the RX and TX terminals of 8051 controller can be used to program the controller ?
No

Status
Not open for further replies.