Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the gain of a NMOS diff amp with PMOS loads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhas_shiv

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: Gain of Diff Amp

What is the gain of a NMOS diff amp with diode connected PMOS loads (like an OTA) and a PMOS diff amp with NMOS doide connected loads? I calculated the gain as gm(nmos)/gm(PMOS diode connected) for first case and

gm(PMOS)/gm(NMOS diode connected) for the second case.

Also I am attaching a comparator figure. How would you go about designing it ?
The input is about 0.2V to 0.4V differential, 600Mhz pulse(or random data). The current required at the output is about 1mA(hence Iss=2*Id=2mA) for the load of about 150-200fF( risetime at output is appr. 400ps). The expected output waveform is a 0 - 1.2V 600MHz pulse(or the random data) signal.

What kind of biasing would be good for 2mA? Current mirrors are efficient only for around 100uA or so.

I would appreciate any inputs on this. Thanks.

Added after 5 minutes:

oops can't see the attachment. So I will try to attach it again.

oops can't see the attachment. So I will try to attach it again.

Anyone with any inputs??

Is there a wrong connection in your circuits?
the left PMOS.

Yeah, the gate and drain should be shorted instead of gate and source. I have already corrected that. Any ideas on how to go about the design intially?

Thanks

i can not see your schmatic,why?maybe you can read allen's book about op.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back