Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the function of Diode layer in layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ee484

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am designing a photodiode (reverse-biased).
In CMOS technology, I would like to have untouched silicon as possible.
I am wondering what diode layer in layout do? With this layer, what actually happens? Or, just defining for simulation or so..?

Thanks,

Diode layer ?

I must admit I have no idea what you are asking for - but usualy diode layer is just a recognition layer for DRC/LVS/Extraction purposes. It does not define the diode itself on silicon.

Reactions: salehm

salehm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Diode layer ?

diode layer is just for drc/lvs check, in order to tell the software this is a diode...
for photodiode,you can just ignore it,and us n+psub/p+nwwell/nwellpsub to build PD...
seems we are doing similar design,are you designing CIS?

salehm

Diode layer ?

the diode layer is just a flag layer to identify if there is a diode.

when producing MASK after tape out, it will no longer exist. there are just well/ diffusion/ poly and metal and so on.

salehm

Diode layer ?

Check your drc/LVS rule for purpose of diode layer, maybe it is just a symbol, maybe has some function for mask operation, such as "non siliside"..

salehm

Diode layer ?

It's good for me ! Thks

Re: Diode layer ?

piao said:
the diode layer is just a flag layer to identify if there is a diode.

when producing MASK after tape out, it will no longer exist. there are just well/ diffusion/ poly and metal and so on.

I agree with this.It only appear at EXT for post-sim and LVS, not increaseing mask,I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back