Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the formula to design a microstrip antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglioe

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Antenna formula

hi

what are the formula to design a microstrip antenna.
I must design a antenna with circular polarizzation a 5.8GHz with singoolar alimentation.

tank :( :cry:

Re: Antenna formula

I'm afraid no such thing exists.

You can start by taking another design, and scaling it down to your frequency. But the next task you cannot skip is simulation to optimize the antenna's shape for best input match.

Radio amateurs often do it by trial and error. Adapt the physical shape until the input impedance is right. This is a much more direct method.

Hi coniglioe,

you can use ansoft designer/PCAAD to estimate the dimensions for a CP rectangular antenna or truncated square patch antenna. The article in the link offer some formulars for a linear antenna but may be of some help to you.

http://www.swissatv.ch/documents/Design_Rectangular_Microstrip_Patch_Antenna.pdf

Good luck.

Cheers,
Element7k

coniglioe said:
hi

what are the formula to design a microstrip antenna.
I must design a antenna with circular polarizzation a 5.8GHz with singoolar alimentation.

tank :( :cry:

I have the smae issue, anyone know a good way to design a printed circuit board antenna for 2.4GHz use. I have some books and material for antenna and was not sure if anyone would have any suggestions, thanks.

Hi there,

maybe:

&

Kayoo has a C$T model of a multi-layer PCB antenna.

Cheers,
Element7k

rubdawg said:
I have the smae issue, anyone know a good way to design a printed circuit board antenna for 2.4GHz use. I have some books and material for antenna and was not sure if anyone would have any suggestions, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back