Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the fast Fourier transform (FFT)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WHAT IS FFT

FFT is an algorithm which computes DFT very fast by utilizing properties of Nth roots of unity.

But please be specific on what really u want to in FFT .

Wikipedia said:
A fast Fourier transform (FFT) is an efficient algorithm to compute the discrete Fourier transform (DFT) and its inverse. FFTs are of great importance to a wide variety of applications, from digital signal processing and solving partial differential equations to algorithms for quick multiplication of large integers.

You can read up on the article on Wikipedia.

Summarizing :

The major goal of DFT against FFT is that it reduces the order of matrix calculus in minor order matrices, reducing allmost exponentially processing time needed.

+++

FFT gives the same result as DFT....
but FFT does the same work in N *log N iterations where as if u try t implement the DFT in the same way u would end up with N^2 iterations....

this is all that i can tell u for ur questions....if u can tell me wat exactly u want, i can help u further...

FFT is an algorithm for computing DFT n is "fast fourier transform".
It can be understood in detail frm book":eek:ppeinheim n schafer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back