Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between NPN and PNP bipolar transistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuan556

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
May i know what is different between NPN and PNP bipolar transistor?
Thanks

npn pnp difference

A Bipolar Transistor essentially consists of a pair of PN Junction Diodes that are joined back-to-back. This forms a sort of a sandwich where one kind of semiconductor is placed in between two others. There are therefore two kinds of Bipolar sandwich, the NPN and PNP varieties.

For more information see **broken link removed**

chuan556

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
pnp npn difference

chuan556 said:
Hi all,
Thanks
one difference is the material used.

npn and pnp difference

If you're interested I recommend you Sedra & Smith

difference npn pnp

NPN have two N type material and single P-type sandwitch between the two N-type. Reverse is the Case in PNP.

npn vs. pnp

the difference is on the basis of doping.

in NPN the n-type collector is heavily doped while p-type base is lightly doped.
in PNP the p-type collector is heavily doped and n-type base is lightly doped.

pnp and npn difference

chuan556 said:
Hi all,
Thanks
ref malvino book

npn vs pnp transistor

you can also refer to "electronic devices and circuit theory" by boylested and nashelsky.

difference npn and pnp

The arrow head shows the conventional current flow direction.

pnp vs npn transistors

NPN transistors are supplied by +Vcc at the collector while PNP supplied -Vcc at the collector.

differences npn & pnp

you shoud concern with sedra & smith

npn pnp transistorer

A Bipolar Transistor essentially consists of a pair of PN Junction Diodes that are joined back-to-back. This forms a sort of a sandwich where one kind of semiconductor is placed in between two others

´npn vs pnp

verry educational, thanks.

differences between npn and pnp transisitor

1. in NPN we have currents from Base to Emitter and Collector to Emitter but in PNP is opposite

2. NPN needs positive dc power supply connected to collector but PNP needs Negative one connected to Emitter

3. in NPN major carriers are electrons but in PNP is holes, so NPN is more rapid!!

difference of pnp to npn

npn
n is emmiter ,p is base,n is collector
pnp p is emitter ,n is base and p is collector.
NPN we have currents from Base to Emitter and Collector to Emitter.

npn instead pnp

I think its just a matter of our required application configuration just like motor if we want to rotate motor on both side we have to used both of this configuration (i-e one for clockwise and second for counter clockwise)

npn pnp different

Hi,

I agree with all above members and i would like to add one more point,i.e.

In NPN , the majority charge carriers both inside the device and outside the device ( in wires connected to terminals) are electronics .

But, for PNP the majority carriers inside the device are holes and outside device are electrons.

you can refer this topic in the text on "PRINCIPLES OF ELECTRONICS"---V.K.Mehta

vissu[/youtube]

difference pnp npn

CARRIERS- IN npn CURRENT CONDUCTION IS B'COZ OF ELECTRON AND IN CASE OF PNP IT IS HOLES.

current flow directions in pnp & npn transistors

I will recommend a book "Electronics Principle by Albert Paul Malvino". A very good book for the bigginers, more practical approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back