Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the difference between LEF file generated from Encounter and Abstract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scscsc

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

As far as I know, we can generate a LEF file of a block after place&route using Encounter. After that, we can extract information of the block layout using Abstract, and then generate another LEF file. What's the difference between the two? and which one should we use in top level place&route? Thanks

Please check both lef files and see the difference . I think the lef from abstract will be having the right block definitions like site information MACRO type information etc.
Lef after abstract generator is used in top level designs. I am not sure if the other one can not be used .

how do you generate a LEF with Encounter place&route tool?
and the asbtract view from virtuoso is to generate the LEF view.

how do you generate a LEF with Encounter place&route tool?
and the asbtract view from virtuoso is to generate the LEF view.

In Encounter, after place&route, I use the command lefOut ../results/***.lef -stripePin -PGpinLayers 5 6
It seems that the difference is mainly about power pins when there are stripes

Hi ,

We use the Abstract View to generate the LEF for the cells and Library. And this is used in Top Level.

Not sure about the Encounter PNR.
Can you please provide some information about the difference in the LEF file.

Thank you,
PrashanthM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back