Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between Jcc, Jc, and Jee in the jitter simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirrelcn

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In the latest version of cadence, there is a jitter performance named "Jee".
What is the difference between Jcc, Jc, and Jee, in the jitter simulation?
Thanks a lot!:!:

Re: Jitter Issue

Jee is the edge-to-edge jitter. It is the variation in the delay between a triggering event and a response event. When measuring edge-to-edge jitter, a clean jitter-free input is assumed. Edge-to-edge jitter assumes an input signal, and so is only defined for driven systems. It is an input-referred jitter metric, meaning that the jitter measurement is referenced to a point on a noise-free input signal, so the reference point is fixed. No such signal exists in autonomous systems.

Jc is referred to as k-cycle jitter or long-term jitter. It is a measure of the uncertainty in the length of k cycles and has units of time. When k=1, the standard deviation of the length of a single period, is often referred to as the period jitter, and it denoted J, where J = Jc when k=1.

Jcc is cycle-to-cycle jitter. It is a metric designed to identify large adjacent cycle displacements. It is like edge-to-edge jitter in that it is a scalar jitter metric that does not contain information about the correlation in the jitter between distant transitions. However, it differs in that it is a measure of short-term jitter that is relatively insensitive to long-term jitter.

Added after 6 minutes:

From what i calculate. I found there may be some errors in c@dence Jc calculation. I test it base on the same phase noise and same integral frequency band. But the c@dence result is always about 2.5 times lower than what i calculated. And because c@dence just add this feature, it doesn't offer much informantion. So until now, i don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back