Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between I2C and CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec-eng

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
difference between can and i2c

please i want to know the difference between I2C and CAN

i know that both are used to interconnect microcontrollers

but also both of them has two wires

so what is the difference

different between i2c,spi and can protocol

both are same method of sending data except CAN is priorty based and it has data read back facility.
--pradeep

difference between can and i2c ppt

I2C is a simple, well known, universally accepted, cost effective inter IC communication protocol. It has also plug & play feature with large portfolio and but main disadvantage is Limited speed.
Where CAN is a secure and FAST communication protocol. But CAN is expensive and a bit complex protocol. It is mainly automotive oriented with limited portfolio.

difference between i2c and can

hi,
I2c and CAN both are use for serial communication this is only common thing,
the CAN is genraly used for device net (different device at different location)where as the I2c is genraly used in same PCB.

difference between i2c and can protocols

hi hwo have good book for i2c program for picbasic

difference between i2c and ethernet

To use CAN you need a tranceiver to convert the can tx and rx to a terminated low voltage differential signal pair. Termination is 120R at each end of the bus. CAN is a broadcast protocol, all nodes receive all messages. The messages can be filtered and masked by the hardware.
At the transport level it is fairly easy to use. Arbitration, priority, collision detection ect. is all taken care of by the hardware. Messages contain an ID, message type and up to 8 bytes of data.
But on top of this simple message structure have been built some complex and powerfull protocols used by the automotive industry.

difference between i2c bus and can bus

can i2c communication mcu and mcu

comparison between i2c and can

nitigon said:
can i2c communication mcu and mcu
That's often, but not always the case. There are some automotive sensors that communicate over CAN. There are Serialli Linked I/O (SLIO) devices that act like ADC, DAC, I/O expanders and PWMs that are linked to the host inteligence via CAN.

Besides, I2C is used to communicate between uCs as well.

diffrence between can and i2c protocal

hello
the first one is for output for signal ana/num
the seconde one is for trensfer for data.
regards.

difference between can bus & i2c bus

One is from Phillips, and one is from BOSCH. Both are European company.

differences between can and i2c

I2c it is mainly for intraboard PCB communication. Micro to I2C ADC, etc.

CAN is for communication between different equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.