Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between Classes and Modules in System Verilog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunal1514

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Can any body tell me that What is the difference between Classes and Modules in System Verilog

Re: Classes and Modules

kunal1514 said:
Hi All,

Can any body tell me that What is the difference between Classes and Modules in System Verilog

This is a big topic, search in verificationguild.com for detailed replies. I also cover this in our "Verification using SystemVerilog" course in Bangalore!

Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

Answer: Class is composed of set of members that describe how an instance of class or object is constructed and how it behaves.Example: class class name{ member1; ---------------} object name;
On the other hand: The module is the basic building block in verilog which is used in creating a design. Systemverilog adds a new block called program block which can be declared using the keywords program and end program.

Hi All,

Can any body tell me that What is the difference between Classes and Modules in SystemVerilog

Yes, there are many people that can tell you the difference. ;-)

But you may not understand the answer. It would help to know what your experience is with Verilog and other programming languages so we can explain it or point you other resources that you would understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back