Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between C++ and VC++?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dspbegin

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
c++ vs vc++

whats the difference between c++ and vc++.I know c++ but no idea abt vc++ just heard of it.Are they same else whats the difference.

Is vc++ more powerful than c++?

vc++==>visual c++

Also tell me how is vc++ different from visual basic(even abt this i have no idea but name sounds similar)?

c++ vs vc++

Visual C+ = VC++
VC++ is the C++ IDE for Windows by MSoft
The difference in VC++ and VB is the same as the difference between C++ and Basic.
For a beginner, VB is a lit easier to start than VC++.
Also have a look at VC#.

Re: c++ vs vc++

so can vc++ do the same things as vb.I mean create webpage and all, if it does it deviates from c++.
Doesnt the visual in vc++ doesnt signify anything.

The above answer didnot clear my query.Please be more precise.

Use the book mastering visual C++ it will help u alot

c++ vs vc++

hi all,
you all forgot to say that C++ is the language programming and VC++ is the MS IDE for developping C++ based programs. Also Visual C++ is a part of Visual Studio (the classic version such as 2005 for example or the .NET version). The main thing to know about VC++ is that it provides a number of tools to design GUI (Graphical User Interfaces) which is MFC, other communications with other sources (like data bases)...
If u are trying to choose the best IDE for training, u can use VC++ (I did it myself!). But if ur target is a specific job to do with C++, it will depend on ur intentions...

I hope this helped!

Kordix,
what is MS IDE.
Also how is VC++ different from vb

c++ vs vc++

Hi,
MS for MicroSoft and IDE for Integrated Development Environement.
Concerning the differences between VC++ and VB there are a lot in principles: VC++ uses a very powerful OOP language (C++), which itself implements the possibilities of C, and the programmer has control over all the ressources he can access; but VB is visual language itself so there are always sthing masked when u program with it! Example, u can program DLL's very easily with C++ (VC++); but (as i know) it is not possible to do so with VB...
Some people (programmers) said that VB.Net is based on a completly new concepts; that it have no more the old problems that VB has always had.
But, i still think that a powerful toolbox of languages for an engineer contain (asm, C, C++ may be also SystemC).

Added after 2 minutes:

i was talk about electric and alectronic engineers. Web developpers, and Games programmers have also C#...

Thanks a lot Kordix my confusion is somewhat clear now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back