Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the difference between c and embedded c?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nihal_2000

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
difference between c and embedded c

what is the difference between c and embedded c? Please somebody explain it, I am average in C wanted to use to program an AVR....but little bit doubt about embedded C....please explain me
Thank you!

what is difference between c and embedded c

I've dabbled in embedded C about a year ago. I'm mostly a hardware guy so take my answer in that light.
I found it to be the same as normal C, but where you will find the largest difference is that you will be making use of commands that are specific to the brand of micro-controller you are using. These will likely be commands that are completely new to you. If you do not have knowledge of how a micro-controller works, you will need to take some time to learn this. Embedded is a world where the programs you write are intimately tied to the electronic hardware so some electronics engineering background will help you.

difference between c program and embedded c

C is we usually consider boardland C (Bel Lab). where same c programming style (with some special fucionfor for specific controller etc) for embedded systems called embedded C

Status
Not open for further replies.