Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between a native app and a web app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

symakhan

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey Guys

I recently launched my delivery service firm, and I've successfully delivered products and fulfilled client orders. Although the business has been thriving, I'm constantly looking for ways to uplevel my services even more - which is why creating an app is at the top of my mind. Everyone knows how imperative apps have become in this digital age, so I aim to design and develop them as quickly as possible to begin capitalizing on their advantages immediately! When creating a mobile app, you have two options: design and develop one yourself or outsource the project to an experienced development team. Carefully examine each option before deciding - ensure you choose the best route for your needs. When you're prepared to launch your development project, create a wireframe or mockup of the app. This will help clarify the navigation and features necessary for it to succeed. Once you have finalized this step, then go ahead and begin coding your application! But despite all the knowledge of a perfect and smart app, I can't find it feasible to develop it myself. That's why I am here to ask for some guidance from experts.

What is the difference between a native app and a web app?

What type of testing should I include into the development process?

What are the best practices for designing an android UI/UX?

What features should I consider when decveloping an android app?

Is there any specific technology or tools I should use while developing my app?

Where can I find coupons and discounts for app development software and tools?

I would highly appreciate if you could help me find the answers to these questions. Your advice and insights on this topic would be really helpful for me in creating an efficient, user-friendly android application. Thank you for your time!

Begin with a "web app" (probably a web page with javascript, php etc)!
You only need to make changes on the server. There is nothing to install on the users phones,
so it will work on any phone. A native app can have more functionality, but the development and distribution of the app will take much more of your time.

Hey Guys

Last week I sought out your invaluable opinion regarding developing an app for my new business, and you all gave me remarkable advice. Furthermore, after diligently researching online, I came across several key methods to create a captivating and easy-to-use application. Thus, to benefit others facing similar struggles as myself, here are all my discoveries that can be beneficial when constructing projects.

1) A native app is a mobile application developed exclusively for a specific platform, such as iOS or Android. These apps are usually distributed through a digital store like App Store or Google Play Store, and they can access the device's hardware components such as GPS and camera.

2) Testing is an important part of the development process and should always be included. Depending on the complexity of your application, the type of tests you need to consider can vary. Some common types of testing for mobile applications include unit testing, integration testing, functional testing, usability testing, security testing, and performance testing.

3) The best practices for designing an Android UI/UX involve considering user habits and preferences, using consistent design patterns, optimizing the user experience with effective navigation, keeping content concise and easy to understand, making sure elements are properly sized and spaced relative to each other, providing visible feedback when user actions occur.

4) When developing an android app, you should consider features necessary for the user experience and those that provide additional value. Features include user authentication, push notifications, in-app purchases, integration with other apps and services, data synchronization across devices, customization options, user analytics, and feedback loops.

5) Yes, many tools and technologies are available to help you develop your Android app. Depending on the features you want for your app, popular choices include popular programming languages like Java and Kotlin and frameworks such as Android Studio and React Native.

6) Many websites and online resources offer coupons and discounts for app development software and tools.
[Moderator action: Deleted links to ads for consumer electronics items]

Last edited by a moderator:

On the surface, the difference between native apps and web apps is fairly straightforward: native apps are downloaded through a phone's app store (such as the Apple App Store or Google Play), whereas web apps are accessed either directly through the web browser (typically Safari or Chrome on mobile devices), via a bookmark, or via a shortcut.

More accurately, the native app runs on the device it is loaded on, a web app runs on the web server and the device works more like a 'dumb terminal' to send and receive data from it..

A native app is OS dependent, the code will be different for each OS and to some extent model of device whereas a web app will use a server side language like PHP, Java, AJAX or ASP.

Brian.

A native app is an application developed specifically for a particular mobile platform, such as Android or iOS. These apps are developed using platform-specific programming languages and development tools. They are installed on the user's device and can leverage the device's hardware and software capabilities to provide a rich, interactive user experience.

On the other hand, a web app is an application that is accessed through a web browser and is built using web technologies such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Web apps are not installed on the user's device and can be accessed from any device with a web browser and internet connection.

To build a native mobile app visit our app development company Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back