Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the defination of the transfer function in PLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfq521914

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
I am confused about the defination of the transfer funtion for a loop filter in PLL.
In the book "PLL Performance, Simulation, and Design" which was written by Dean,it is said that "the loop transfer function will be defined as the change in voltage at the tuning port of the VCO devided by the current at the charge pump.
In the cause of a second order loop filter,it is simply the impedance."But for a third order loop filter ,it is not the case according the defination mentioned above.
My question is ,how can I get the equation of the transfer function for a third order loop filter?Your help will be great appreciated.Thanks![/quote]

Just calculate the transfer function from CP current source to the (high-impedant) VCO tuning port using Kirchoff. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back