Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the defination of code missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chencanfeng

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,everyone.
I can not understand the meaning of code missing.for example.in the test of a pipelined ADC .why we get less missing code if we test enoughcode?who can give me some advise.thanks a lot.

Everything you wanted to know about ADC errors but were afraid to ask:

**broken link removed**

Look at page 7 / 8 for the missing codes.

In summary, an ADC is a device that takes a voltage (usually) on its input, and produces a "digital number" on its output. That digital number is called a code. For example an 8-bit ADC would produce codes of 0 - 255. If our example ADC was, for some reason, unable to output the code 200; let's say it always jumped from 199 to 201, then that would be a missing code.

You would normally only see this for very high speed and/or high resolution ADCs. There are many different ways of constructing an ADC (read wikipedia for a list) and some types are more likely to produce missing codes than others.

Frank.
https://www.frankvh.com

thank you,frankvh.
I think I have known it.
it also means that I must sample enough code to know if the code of my ADC missing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.