Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the code for a partial transmit sequence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zunayeed

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anybody help me with the code of partial transmit sequence as papr reduction in ofdm in matlab ?

Re: Ofdma_ partial transmit sequence

i am doing project on PAPR reduction in OFDM signals using PTS scheme..but i am not getting what actually Partial transmit sequence means..i would be greatful to you if you can explain me....thanks in advance

partial transmit sequence is a methode for reducing PAPR by divide bit stream into few subblocks then multiply the subblocks with few combination of phase rotation, and choose the lowest PAPR each subblock.
for example:
we have signal X
X=[a1,b1,c1,d1,a2,b2,c2,d2,a3,b3,c3,d3,a4,b4,c4,d4]
if you chose to make 4 subblock,then X become;
X1=[a1,b1,c1,d1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0];
X2=[0,0,0,0,a2,b2,c2,d2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0];
X3=[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,a3,b3,c3,d3,0,0,0,0];
X4=[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,a4,b4,c4,d4];
then each subblock X1,X2,X3,X4 multiply with few phase rotation combination. then IFFT. chose the lowest PAPR. and you can add X1+X2+X3+X4

thank you so much....but I still have doubt in what is phase rotation combination?? for which signal we have to find papr,is it for X1,X2....?

thank you so much....but I still have doubt in what is phase rotation combination?? for which signal we have to find papr,is it for X1,X2....?

phase rotation use to rotate the phase of OFDM signal
as i know, there are two kind phase rotation i.e phase rotation with weighting factor W=2 and phase rotation with weighting factor W=4
weighting factor W=2 using +1 and -1
weighting factor W=4 using complex number for example 1+j
for signal,
X=[a1,b1,c1,d1,a2,b2,c2,d2,a3,b3,c3,d3,a4,b4,c4,d4]
if you chose to make 4 subblock,then X become;
X1=[a1,b1,c1,d1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0];
X2=[0,0,0,0,a2,b2,c2,d2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0];
X3=[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,a3,b3,c3,d3,0,0,0,0];
X4=[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,a4,b4,c4,d4];
if we use W2, so we generate phase rotation combination, for example:
mb1=[1 , 1,-1,-1];
mb2=[1 ,-1, 1,-1];
mb3=[-1,-1, 1, 1];
mb4=[-1, 1,-1, 1];
mb5=[ 1, 1, 1, 1];
mb6=[-1,-1, 1, 1];
mb7=[-1,-1,-1, 1];
mb8=[-1, 1,-1,-1];
and we multiply each subblock with this phase rotation combination, and we choose the lowest PAPR from the result

Reactions: prag

prag

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thanks a lot again .....do we multiply X1 with mb1,mb2......mb8 , X2 with mb1,mb2....mb8...and so on and calculate PAPR for X1mb1,X1mb2 and so on, add those with low PAPR, like if X1mb1,X2mb1,X3mb1 and X4mb1 each have lowest PAPR then we add X1mb1+X2mb1+X3mb1+X4mb1 and transmit the sum signal as OFDM signal?? please help, I am really confused...

yes, that's true

it is said that the computational complexity for the optimum phase factors is large in the case of PTS....why is it so??

computational complexity depends on number of process that pass through system. may be multiplication and addition process. in PTS, length of phase rotation equal than length of subblock, so multiplication occur in all subblock with different value of phase. in slm, we use only one value of phase rotation each subblock. so that pts more complex than slm

Reactions: prag

prag

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

I am stuck at the coding of PTS scheme with low computational complexity...can you help me with it??

Me too... if anybody is working on PTS scheme with low computational complexity, plz share the codes....

what is the title of ur base paper?? i have problem understanding my paper too..so we can discuss the paper if our titles are same..

Does anybody have PTS code in ofdm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back