Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the cheapest mcu

Status
Not open for further replies.

artem

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cheapest mcu

I have downloaded the EDN directory for microcontrollers 2003 , but when asked the Arrow for 100 K quote - their prices were much higher that stated in EDN directory . The cheapes AVR was about 1.6$ against 0.60 stated in EDN in 10 K quantities quote got from Arrow .
Why it is the case ?
Does someone have info about cheap mcu distributors ?

'me' mentione about EM Microelectronics mcu's . Do you have some information about their prices (4 bit low cost mcu) ?

4-bit microcontroller price cheapest

Hi

when you want a quote for 100k pieces you don't call over the phone,and get the price ..For 100k you have to negotiate ..you ask for the Field support engineer .For 100 K pieces he will come down and visit you .Then when he sees that you application is a valid one .Then he will put a request for price to the manufaturer .. Then a week later you will have the real price .. That's how is done .
Actually you can announce your target price,they will try to match it
let me give you two examples ..
i had get a quote for 100k pieces for a $12 accelerometer .. well the price came down as low as $3.50
Also from cygnal a $6.99 CPU in 100k pieces was $2
As far as i know the cheapest CPU in thoses volumes is TI with an OTP 430
for around $0.50

cheepest mcu

Hi

I did udnerstand that issue , so I was in contact with guy who knew me already as I was in contact with him for another successful order .

Is it easy to find SDk and development tools for MSP430 and how well is IAR MSP compiler suited for this mcu ?

mcu distributors

Probably the only thing you have to do is to make them believe that your order is real, not an estimation. For the cheapest 4 bit MCU you may consider about the Taiwan company, I cann't remember another application with 4bit MCU except the simple toy. They may have it, even without packaging.

4bit mcu compiler

Hello,

There is no hesitation that the cheapest uP is HOLTEK - for 3K words memory it become twice cheaper then Microchip. It has C compiler (payfree), IDE enviornment, ICE debugging tool.

cheap mcu

You mention cheapest mcu. I don't know if you ever think of chip-on-board kind of design (with black epoxy encapsulation). This should be even cheaper than package part

chipest so8 mcu

Have you ever try EPSON 4-bit microcontroller?

cheap ad mcu

20 cents per die... don't tell me that you can get something cheaper then HOLTEK

4-bit mcu

20 cents by die ??? 8O 8O 8O
What's the frequency range ?

holtek cents die

12 MHz... 3 MIPS
But I'm talking about really big quantity

holtek cents

artem said:
I have downloaded the EDN directory for microcontrollers 2003 , but when asked the Arrow for 100 K quote - their prices were much higher that stated in EDN directory . The cheapes AVR was about 1.6$ against 0.60 stated in EDN in 10 K quantities quote got from Arrow .
Why it is the case ?
I belive the EDN 10 K prices are the prices directly from the manufacturer and not from a distributor.
When making big orders it is normally cheaper to order directly from the manufacturer than from a distributor like Arrow.

artem said:
Does someone have info about cheap mcu distributors ?
It all depends of in which country you company is located and what mcu you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.