Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the better Visual Basic, Visual C++ or Delphi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jetset said:
Visual C++ is the best ever!!!!

some user XXXXs better ,best .... but have not any detail and dont speak why it better ....

this show many choise your love without think why is better
this mean this have not choise with think

The tools in compare need point to point compare ....
some nice compare :

32bit 80420 point FFT in VB ~ 35sec
32bit 80420 point FFT in VC6 ~ 3.02sec
32bit 80420 point FFT in delphi (use basm or fastmath) ~ 2.09sec !

what you think ?
delphi generate faster code with faster programming .....
if you compare you must speak about numeical compare ...
or point to point compare ....

I think using M$ Visual C is the best. Learning programming is not hard. Borland products make user lazy... just adds module, component... hehe programming C language but easy like Visual Basic language. And Borland C library use again MS include...

hi

no doubt that microsoft visual c++ is the best for designs related to system that rub uneder windows..but newly i found out that borland C++ builder is more flexible and programming is more convenient..so try that
and tell me what ya think!

marring said:
I think using M$ Visual C is the best. Learning programming is not hard. Borland products make user lazy... just adds module, component... hehe programming C language but easy like Visual Basic language. And Borland C library use again MS include...

1. I think using M$ Visual C is the best
a: I dont agree you you must do point to point compare

Borland products make user lazy...
a: is big false : if you do not need you can not need add ANY thing in your job BUT vcl get you easily add PAKAGE if you need it the VCL is most power of delphi the same as ocx but native and is source code ....
if you have qustion i can help you more ...

Visual Basic language. And ...
the vb application have very slowly to run (1/10 of speed !)
and have not any way to do built in native component expantion ...
delphi have the same as c++ fulll poer full oop & powerfull compiler & ...

And Borland C library use again MS include...
with borland you can do any in anyware ! use natie clx(run in win and linux!) or >NET or Win32 API or ......

I don't know about Delphi. So in between VB & VC++, I would pick VC++

Hi,
Question like tool A and B, which one is better would likely to start a flame even you have no intention at all. It would be particularly true if A and B are from difference company. And it's almost surely if MS was involved.

But we must not rule out one fact. When an engineer started in one field, he/she would then choose a tool and then stick to it for his/her lifetime. If someone then tries to compare the tool of their choice, they would stand out to "protect" it.

Anyway I'm neutral in all of this, especially when I'm talking about MS (or is it M$).

hill said:
Hi,
Question like tool A and B, which one is better would likely to start a flame even you have no intention at all. It would be particularly true if A and B are from difference company. And it's almost surely if MS was involved.

But we must not rule out one fact. When an engineer started in one field, he/she would then choose a tool and then stick to it for his/her lifetime. If someone then tries to compare the tool of their choice, they would stand out to "protect" it.

Anyway I'm neutral in all of this, especially when I'm talking about MS (or is it M$).

for me this is not true

i very compare VC & Delphi & java tools & c++builder in each year
(this is partial of my job !)

i also know with vc & vb in real in last i used both
after it my company try user better tools for faster & better programming
then choice Delphi (in 1997)

and then i must compare & report neutral in each year !

now I sure Delphi Or c++Builder Best choice for application programming in windows or linux ...

In real we use c++ for embedded system and we only use vc++ editor in embedded but it have not any advantage for application programming !

We think in Pc application the tools very important

Yeah. You case is a special one.

I hope I will be given a change in future to look into other compiler.

I use VB and BCB

Personal opinion, VB is easy to learn. You could start to write your AP within a week. But the performance is not good.

i've used Delphi , I like it a lot for fast compile time, lots of power with components all over the web and been a quite stable product.

VBa, very easy for debug, nice to control applications that have SDK for it. But less stable and slow to comiple.

For chart, table stuff, VB programming under EXcel is very powerfull and easy to learn with macro recorder.

C, C++... way too complex for me, most of my program needs a GUI

Delphi is easy to study,VC++ is more powerful but it difficulte to start study.

VB6 sucks! C++ sucks! delphi sucks!...

if i cant write it in QBasic, its not worth doing :D

seriously, though, there is no "better" in programming languages. they are simply tools in the toolbox. you use the one that will help get your particular task done for the particular target processor. sometimes that means using a few different languages.

You'll find that most of the top programmers tend to know quite a few languages well enough to code in all of them but have only mastered one or rarely two. Mastering one language will allow you to work as an "expert" coder in that language and as such get a much higher wage for projects in that language.

Now picking the language to master is a whole other matter and the subject of endless debate, particularly within the PC/internet/e-commerce markets since there are so many different apps programmed in many different languages. Its definately a good idea to be able to put some code together in visual basic and visual c++. of course .net is here to stay so knowing the framework will defiantely help. picking a language to master in that area is something to give great consideration since the demand for proficient coders in the language will determine how much you work and what you get paid. I work in the embedded world and i ended up becoming proficient in assembly/machine coding and reverse engineering at the machine code level. Even so, i do most of my coding in C and while i am very good at it, i am not nearly as proficient in C as i am in assembly, I still get paid alot to code controllers since in the embedded world the idea is to fit the code onto the smallest target processor possible (and therfore the cheapest).

If also know basic and java. If i have a project and the best language to use is java, then i'll code it in java. if another language is needed, i might even use that language if it it the best tool for the job. If the project requires a level of coding above my level of expertise or in a language that i am not familiar enough with, then i will use a coder that is proficient in the target language and supervise the compiled or interpreted translation down to the target processor machine code to make sure that there are no errors or problems at that level and that the code runs efficiently enough, which may include profiling and rewriting sections of code to make them smaller/faster/etc.

and thats basically it.. use the best tool for the job... code at your level; use your expertise in the areas where you know best and use other peoples expertise where they know best...

i use delphi
it use less time to create quick prototype
and i thought vb is not quite easy when u want to add many feature

I use delphi and borland c++-builder as well as vc++ and I have to say, that, if I want to have a user interface, I choose borland products.
Normally if you use VC++, you use MFC and MFC is not very comfortable. You could use some other GUI libs, but thats not the sense of the whole thing..
But if I want to compile a console app or I want to integrate an other c compiler, I definitivly prefer VC++.
To say a word to vb: I don't like it very much, because it's an interpreted language and therefore pretty slow. But if you have only a small project without great math operations, you might prefer vb. It's really easy to learn.

I think VC++ is the best because you can do any type of programming ,from hardware level programming to software level programming.
you can also do windows API programming.

The best for Windows is Borland C++ Builder and for Linux - Borland Kylix

Hi all,
I beleive what ever you want to do you can do it Using VB in the most simple and robust way.
This is true that VB helps beginners a lot but this is not so that VB is just for begineers.
I am a great admirer of java becuse of its true object oriented nature, and I have also worked on C,C++,VC++,and VB. And after jave My voute is for VB. Delphi I never used for development..
:!: :!: :!: :!:

I think it depends wht u r using it for cuz all of them are actually good but for hardware and electronics job i think C++ shud do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back