Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the better Visual Basic, Visual C++ or Delphi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delphi is pretty good... I started with Delphi... But now i realize that some sources or information is more easy to find on VC++. Delphi have a less support (IMHO).

Now I'm using VB . Net to develope a PDA application and I found this very like to C but everything is much more complicate whith respect to VB6. For example if you want to access to a control in a window from a module...I 'm not able to do!
The MSCOMM control for the serial interface seem to be not longer supported.
The language syntax is more difficult but much more advanced.

Lollo

i think delphi is the best i have used it in speech recognition u can also use borland c++ builder
the difference between them that delphi is written in pascal while builder in c++

SphinX said:
Hi,

What do you use?

Thanx
SphinX

i recommend borlan c++ builder.i think it's the greatest.
it has the strength of c++ and has the visual basic simplicity.
it's the delphies brother but delphies programming language is pascal
test it.
good luck, :wink: :wink: :wink:

i heard that C builder libraries are of delphi's, is it right? one of my friends coding with vc++ told me that vc++ codes are faster than c builder's becouse of this.

marti

maziar said:
xxtigerxx said:
i think that the best is visual C++ because all the os was built in these platform winxp , linux ...

visual basic is for beginners......

IS NOT TRUE : YOU can program with c++ (and then pascal,basic,have ) in linux but most importanat topic both MFC and .NET not presient in linux .....
vc++ absolutly don work in linux (MFC base class or .NET)

best way for program in both in windows and linux (cross platform)
in delphi or c++builder in windows and you can port in linux by borland kylix ....

Taro: it can also do it with delphi and VB in real simple exe file work under all windows but vc++ require true mdc.dll !

i think delphi is best
faster, source library, huge component, cross platform , .net ,linux , win32 .......

hi refigh,
you could do that with Q++ for VC++ too, but kylix is kinda cool, you right ;).

marti

C++ builder is the most suitable for RAD , huge library of components but if you need better optimization of code ( in compiling) use visual c++ . This will affect the speed of execution and memory managment

VisualC++ is better for windows application development.

The best one is the one you are familiar with. If you are familiar with all, then take VC++

maziar said:
xxtigerxx said:
i think that the best is visual C++ because all the os was built in these platform winxp , linux ...

visual basic is for beginners......

IS NOT TRUE : YOU can program with c++ (and then pascal,basic,have ) in linux but most importanat topic both MFC and .NET not presient in linux .....
vc++ absolutly don work in linux (MFC base class or .NET)

best way for program in both in windows and linux (cross platform)
in delphi or c++builder in windows and you can port in linux by borland kylix ....

Taro: it can also do it with delphi and VB in real simple exe file work under all windows but vc++ require true mdc.dll !

i think delphi is best
faster, source library, huge component, cross platform , .net ,linux , win32 .......

Delphi & Borland C++ is now more large support multi platform. (Win32 , Linux , Solaris).

VB & VC just for ms product. Maybe .net platform can support more large platform.

For fast programming RAD tools like delphi , borland c++ builder and vb is great. (fast , easy , efficient).

At last what tools you use every time that is a good tools.

I think Visual C++ is better

I think this discussion is becomming pointless and I'm thinking of locking it!
Everybody thinks the software he uses is the best because
- he/she doesn't know any other
- he/she found that software best fitting his needs

The best software for everything does not exist!
And even when some other software language/compiler might be better for the job, using the things you know is probably better in your case!

Designing good software does not depend on the language you use or the compiler! It mainly starts with a good design (and plain old paper is an excelent way to do this)! When you want portability, think about it when you're designing your application's framework and try not to depend on the compiler you're using.

The main thing which might be different between different compilers/languages/operatingsystems is how to make a GUI. And here the environment might make a difference.

In my opinion,C++ is the language of engineer,in Win VC++ is better,But if you like linux or unix,gcc is another choice and more powerful.

i Have prgram for nine years old with VB,Delphi,Cbulder & VC++

depended what you do

if you need progem for executable and need good program the best choise is delphi and if you have C++ lover choise C++builder .....

because the (delphi or c++builder) compiler generate native exe file withe the exe speed the same as c++

1. have full open source
2. linux win32 & .NET platform
3. very rich component (188 component in enterprice)
4. very free or low price component set
5. the end of visual programming ....
6. powerfull internet & db section
7. have native exe file

if you try generate simple today program withh vc & delphi in same time
the delphi version 800% faster finish job and have better ability !

CTEPH said:
Delphi is pretty good... I started with Delphi... But now i realize that some sources or information is more easy to find on VC++. Delphi have a less support (IMHO).

this is not true

delphi have largest newsgroup in net ! yhe hundred of user help you if you need help see borland development network

it not require register and help anyone in 24h of day in lower 10 min !

also have over 850 forum in over 43 language :p

iamme said:

It is correct that beacuse of VC++6 is for Microsoft.
But even Microsoft can design a program that were good.

some user think vc++ generate to many normal and small company don do large job !

m$$$$ use .net for four years but after it public it !

now micro$oft & sun use new next generation of java for next
but M$ public .NET for carzy user !

if you don forget : OLE -> com -> com+ -> mts
the life all of each only lower 1.5 year and the M$ based programmer must migrate evrey day !

but borland programmer use ALL in ALL time !

if you dont like pascal use c++builder

can give me what topic of vc++ no place in c++builder ?

i think Visual C++ is better but some times i think that what if MS stops supporting VC as i think it is in the favour of dot net technologies

Visual C++ is the best ever!!!!

Hey guys.
You are forgeting the most important language and probably one of the most used: JAVA.
It's free and you can simply find everything you need one the net using google.
Most of the jobs available in the informatics market are for java programmers.
Everything in one: compatibility with all operating systems, portability, internet, free development tools, large comunity, speed is not a concern any more, muiltiplatform, less bug prone, security included, etc..
If you want to learn some language that will not be obsolete in few years, because the company made upgrades, invented "dot something", etc.. just don't use microsoft.
Borland is good, java more important, .....
Grettings too all
S.

sinatra said:
less bug prone

very good ...!

the maths unit in java dosnt work properly
i can provide at least 3 examples of code that "should" work
and does work in c++ nemonics

but java dosnt compute the data correctly

so ... it is not the best

c++ is the best to learn becosue it shows you clearly what is going on

visual c is like visual basic it is a tool for manipulate code macros
a code macro is a block of code used for a specific job maybe you already wrote {much like making music on midi} for copy and paste

there is heeps of source code for c and c++ and many second hand books avalible in local charity shops

why try to reinvent the wheel java is just there to make html work better
over various platforms
and shouldnt be concidered as a language more of a patch

and is not ment as a stand alone language
although more recently it gets used more and more as one

mostly by people who dont understand c++
and think they will get something{speed} for nothing {no they wont}

each to his own

find a language you like and stick too it

for a free compiler for c++ with the choice to buy a very very cheep developers cd think about digital mars they also provide other common languages and ones of there own....

it is mostly used by companies who write code becouse its cheep to licence

java on the other hand is free till you make something
then it will cost you more....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back