Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best way to transfer 4 logic signal from an FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

maaze

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Interconnection ?

What is the best way to transfer 4 logic signal from an FPGA to a couple of leddrivers ? LVDS over CAT5 maybe ?

I planning to build a big ledscreen with a pitch of 60 mm. Every tile will be one squaremeter and consists of 16 horizontal pipes with free space between. Every tile will also have a controller with an FPGA.

My problem is to choise the right interconnection between the controllerboard and ledboards.

The pipes holds the ledboards witch contains of 8 pixels and 2 leddrivers each. The distance for the signals to travel from the controller out to the ledboards is between 0.5 to 1.5 meters and the frequency around 10 MHz.

I think a ribboncable with TTL signals is a bad idea ? Cheap but not so good. What about LVDS ?

One alternative is to give every ledboard one 4 channel LVDS reciver and a own cable from the controller. The others is to connect a couple of ledbords in a chain to save cable. One 4 channel LVDS reciver plus one 1 channel transmitter to send the dataout from the last driver to the next board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back