Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best way to learn Eagle pcb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post an image of what you do see?

When you click "add", does anything happen at all? Even if no libraries are selected, you should get an ADD box with no visible libraries.

Go to the top of the libraries in the control panel and right click. Then select "Use all".

Keith

Can you post an image of what you do see?

When you click "add", does anything happen at all? Even if no libraries are selected, you should get an ADD box with no visible libraries.

Go ti the top of the libraries in the control panel and right click. Then select "Use all".

Keith

Thanks

The Control panel is just from the V6 that I downloaded yesterday. Yes, when I do the "Use all", I can see the list in the "ADD". My point is the manual doesn't tell me anything like what you told me. How am I going to learn if I cannot depend on the manual? I looked on Amazon, there are no books in English for Eagle, I can't depend on youtube!!!

So if I create my own .lbr, how can I just choose this if it is in a different directory?

Any book or documentation that show step by step instruction other than going to the help file every step?

You can add multiple paths to the control panel (I have at least three). Select "options | directories" in the control panel. Separate multiple paths with a semi-colon.

Another way is simply though the control panel. Browse to the library location and click the dot next to the name so it turns green. I tend to do that for specific libraries related to customers rather than projects - i.e. they aren't with my main libraries.

Also, you don't have to add a library to use it. Simply browse the library in the control panel and find a part then click ADD. Again, I use that quite a bit for odd parts where I don't normally need the library. Normally I only have maybe 6 libraries selected and pick extra parts using the control panel browse.

Keith

Any books or documentation that give step by step on learning Eagle?

Well, you have presumably found these: so other than searching for other tutorials, I am not sure what to suggest.

The official Eagle newsgroup is probably worth a look if you ever get stuck on something. If some else has also been stuck on the same thing, the answer will probably be on there. news.cadsoft.de

Keith

I need to find op-amp in single, dual and quad package. I am looking for standard pin out using by most manufacturers. Where can I find .lbr online?

Thanks

Need to make schematics or PCB ?

Check "Linear" lib:

Single : LM307
Double : LM358
Quad : LM324

- - - Updated - - -

You can make your lib with your often used parts.

Last edited:
Thanks

Another question, I learn how to change the resistor from say R1 to R5 etc by click on "Name" on the left side. I also learn how to change the value of the resistor from 1K to 100K etc. But I cannot change the name of op-amp 4558 to the name I want which is a On Semi amplifier. Also, I cannot change the "Label" from IC1 to say IC5 or U1. How do I do this?

Thanks
Alan

Last edited:

For start try to use one text file. Use Notepad as editor. Fill file with library, part name and your description, make shortcut to that file on desktop. I mean on part which you often use.

For start try to use one text file. Use Notepad as editor. Fill file with library, part name and your description, make shortcut to that file on desktop. I mean on part which you often use.

What do you mean? I just added more question in the last post.
Thanks

Thanks

Another question, I learn how to change the resistor from say R1 to R5 etc by click on "Name" on the left side. I also learn how to change the value of the resistor from 1K to 100K etc. But I cannot change the name of op-amp 4558 to the name I want which is a On Semi amplifier. Also, I cannot change the "Label" from IC1 to say IC5 or U1. How do I do this?

Thanks
Alan

For changing names and values just do right click of mouse on part which you want to change.

Op-amp 4558 name must be change in part library. Use part editor.

What do you mean? I just added more question in the last post.
Thanks

Fast fingers. :smile:

I need to find op-amp in single, dual and quad package. I am looking for standard pin out using by most manufacturers. Where can I find .lbr online?

Thanks
I assume you are talking about schematics, not making a PCB from a converted Orcad netlist?

In linear.lib you will find the generic opamps under 1AMP_P7+4, 2AMP_P8+4, 4AMP_P3+12, 4AMP_P4+11 etc.

To change the reference of the opamp you do exactly the same as when changing a resistor from R1 to R5 - click on NAME. The name is really the "reference".

I am not sure why you want to make a "label" IC1. The keyword LABEL is a net or bus label (i.e. a net name) not a "part label". For that you simply use NAME as you did for resistors.

Keith.

I assume you are talking about schematics, not making a PCB from a converted Orcad netlist?

In linear.lib you will find the generic opamps under 1AMP_P7+4, 2AMP_P8+4, 4AMP_P3+12, 4AMP_P4+11 etc.

To change the reference of the opamp you do exactly the same as when changing a resistor from R1 to R5 - click on NAME. The name is really the "reference".

I am not sure why you want to make a "label" IC1. The keyword LABEL is a net or bus label (i.e. a net name) not a "part label". For that you simply use NAME as you did for resistors.

Keith.

I was going to change LM324 label to TL064, I just want to use the symbol and footprint only.

When creating parts, do they have a few of the pads ( padstacks) to choose from, or my only choice is to get the pads on the left side, then go to the top to choose square, round, drill size and pad size? I have only the trial version that support two layers only, but in the multi layers version, can I defined padstack for individual layer of the pad?

Also, I create my own .lbr file, how can I incorporate into the Library directory in the control panel?

So far, my experience of Eagle is the documentation is not good, only way I find helpful are coming here and going on Youtube, then I have to write my own notes.

Last edited:

I am working with library, I am puzzled when I go to control panel and go File, Open, Library, I cannot find C:/Program Files(x86)!!! This is where the Eagle default libraries are located. But if I go on "My Computer", I can get to Program Files(x86). But if I using Windows and move one of the .lbr from Program Files(x86) to other location, I can open it. Anyone can help?

Also, If I create a .lbr, how can I make it included in the control panel under "Library"?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back