Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best verification tool ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mami_hacky

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
There are many verification tools available from different companies:
Specman from verisity
Vera from synopsys
test builder from cadence
and some other tools that I don't know. Now I'm going to choose one of them. Which one is the best?

testbuilder cadence download

I support testbuilder of Cadence. It's free of charge and the complete the extended class of C++.

specman verification tool +downloadable

I support testbuilder of Cadence. It's free of charge and the complete the extended class of C++.

testbuilder +c++

OK! Test builder is free and it is so good, But is really test builder as complete as other tools such as specman. I know specman has a large price.
Finally do you know what is Cadence transaction navigator? Is it a part of simVision, or we have to provide it separately?

focs verification download

Yes, maybe you are right. However, as far as the current situation is concerned, the price of specman is prohibitive. Therefore, test builder may be good alternative.

However, I do have no idea about Transaction Navigator. I will hunt it later.

verification tools in future

Joyee said:

I've been using s/p/e/c/m/a/n lately. It does offer a lot of nice features, such as scoreboard, functional coverage, code coverage ... I'd say that folks at v/e/r/i/s/i/t/y did a pretty good job at providing useful features to users.

I just started looking at testbuilder. The idea of using C/C++ as underlying language is attractive, compared to proprietary e. But testbuilder looks kind of raw. Good for hackers like me, but may not be a good choice for fast paced projects (unrealistic schedule).

The company I work for gave up on Vera a year ago. There must be a good reason for a large cooperate to give up on some tools and standarize on s/p/e/c/m/a/n.

Just my 2 cents.

rx300

Yes, I do agree with you according to my knowledge from other companies who are using that tool. However, for me, I cannot procure that tool so far. Therefore, there is no way for me to have some try. Anybody can share it for free. So, we can have a better communication on it in future, right? I do be longing for some try on it.

Additionally, I will take a training next week that is special for specman. Wish I could gain sth there!

:)

d/l from verification vault

Joyee said:
...However, for me, I cannot procure that tool so far. Therefore, there is no way for me to have some try. Anybody can share it for free. So, we can have a better communication on it in future, right? I do be longing for some try on it.
:)

You can d/l the latest release from
w/w/w.verificationvault.com

The problem is license. It only runs on UNIX or Linux. It may be hard to figure it out. V/e/r/i/s/i/t/y should really make some evaluation version to better promote their tool.

rx300

Specman

So, Dear friends, for me, as a person who wants to begin learning new things about verification, Do you think the SpecMan is the best choice?

You say that the latest versions are always downloadable from that web address, and we have no problem about its licensing and needed operating system. But do you think , really the e language is better than C++ ?

You may say, there is no real difference between e and C++. Both of them are object oriented languages, But may be e is changed so that it can be used better for verification tasks.

i think the e language is better.

a

Hey, I should modify my previous post for this topic, It seems that SpecMan is not available for every one's download, and you should have a uname and pass to download it.
So, now, I'm almost confident, to begin using Test Builder, which is free and ( I hope ) can do many tasks the same as specman.

Verification tools

For assertion basesd verification, Sugar 2.0 from IBM is promising to be a standard.
One can download a evaluation copy of the Focs tool which read sugar spec and generate a VHDL/verilog description.

For transaction based design, I prefer Testbuilder.

0-In

How about 0-In Check Suite ?

0-In Check-Lite is a subset of 0-In Check available free of charge to
qualified Verilog design groups.
0-In Check-Lite enables designers and verification engineers to rapidly
and efficiently develop an assertion based verification methodology.

0-In Check-Lite includes many of the features of 0-In Check:
a CheckerWare Library of predefined assertion checkers,
support for efficient checker specification via pseudo-comments, and
online training to quickly learn assertion-based verification.

0-In Design Automation ....The Assertion-Based Verification Company.

Then, what will be the best choice in
the near future? Sugar? Vera? Specman?
or superlog...?

about 0-in

0-in -open vera=synopsys formal vera

I have used vera form sy*opsys, and I think it's a very useful verification tool and easy to use. I have spent one week to learn it .

Can Vera used with ncverilog?

No, just use with syn*psys vcs.
If you use ncverilog ,maybe you can try specman from c*dence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back