Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best VCO configuration for PLL CDR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng_islam

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Best VCO configration

plz could someone told me what is the best LC VCO configration to be used in PLL CDR i m working on .18 u tech and it is require to work in 2.5 GHZ range

thnx

Re: Best VCO configration

the best configration as far as i know hajimari configration which is two nmos cross coupled , and pmos cross coupled

just it , but u must optimize the w and l of transistors and the tank circuit to achive ur phase noise requirments

wish this help

khouly

thanx khouly i want to ask did u try the Emad hegazi filtering tech.
also someone told me that Hajimiri topology not so great than the ordinary method when u use pmos as a current source

eng_islam said:
thanx khouly i want to ask did u try the Emad hegazi filtering tech.
also someone told me that Hajimiri topology not so great than the ordinary method when u use pmos as a current source

i want the answer of this question urgently , please if anyone tries Hajimiri topology when using pmos as a current source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back