Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best USB Controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circuit_seller

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I need a USB Controller with 2 Uarts, Parallel Access, and easy to make device driver.
Can you suggest me the best one?

Regards

best usb controllers

you can use prolific PL2313 chip
and use C++ builder to control serial Port

bester usb controller

Hi

Is this chip is continued? I can not find it anywhere.

Regards

8052 uart

I'm not sure what you mean by the term 'Parallel Access'?

I think the two chips already mentioned (FTDI FT2232C and Prolific PL-2313) are the only USB chips with two serial ports I think.
I have never heard of others.

Link for Prolific: **broken link removed**
The Prolific chip is still in production.
The "littlebrother" PL-2303 is the most used chip in USB<->RS232 converter cables.
Here are original Prolific reference design schematics for PL2303 and PL2313, both as PDFs and OrCAD schematics:

You can buy Prolific chips through:
Maxtek Technology Company
Hsinchu office
Tel: 886-3-5509778
fax: 886-3-5509770
www.maxtek-icrep.com.tw

I can't find anyone who sells the Prolific chips to private persons, but since you have posted in this forum I guess it is for professional use.
FTDI chips are easy to buy as a private person, they are sold in many electronics web-shops.

If you only need one UART you should check the Silicon Laboratories (fomerly Cygnal) CP2101:
https://www.silabs.com/products/microcontroller/interface.asp
This is the most compact and integrated USB to UART converter on the market.
The others requires external resonator and optional EEPROM with vendor ID, device name etc.
CP2101 is the only one with integrated EEPROM and Oscillator, you only need two to three external capacitors and a USB-plug.
But as I said it only has one UART port.

the best usb controller

Hi

Parallel Acees means the usb controller should have some GPIOs which can be used in communicating with other devices.

Thank you very much 'ME' for useful hints.

pl2313 usb serial

hi :)
TUSB3410 provides two UARTs you need, (one is the legacy 8052 UART, the other is an enhanced UART) and if you enumerate your device as a CDC you won't need to develop any special PC-side drivers, but you've got to develop the firmware yourself.

TUSB3410 also provides two GPIO pins, which might be sufficient for some applications...

Thnx
Bamdad

best usb controller

h**p://www.cypress.com has everythig you need.

pl 2303 usb uart controller

Hi:)
I think that USBSER.SYS has a problem: when a USB device with an open COMM port is disconnected from USB chain, the assiciated COMM port cannot be re-opened until the system is restarted... any solutions?

best usb controller for logic

Cypress encore is probably the best way to implement usb but ftdi usb to legacy chips are much easier to work with - however u end up with a device that is not usb in the truest sense

usb to uart 2303 circuits

CY7C67200 or CY7C67300 from Cypress should live up to the requirements.
For the 2'nd serial interface you can use the UART (the other is HSS) - but it doesn't support USB<-->UART dataconnections, so you'll have to rewrite the firmware (and load it from eeprom)

prolific usb 2303 schematic

you can used cy7c6013 from cypress. It have 2 uart for u need

pl-2515 reference design

you can used cy7c6013 from cypress. It have 2 uart for u need

hey shahrol_hisham!
can you crosscheck waht you said. i dont find cy7c6013 from cypress
-srinivas

Added after 3 hours 21 minutes:

hey shahrol_hisham!
you can used cy7c6013 from cypress. It have 2 uart for u need [\quote]

I think is should be CY7C68013 . This is USB2.0 with UART. Is there any controller with USB1.1 & UART from Cypress

thanks in advance!!
-srinivas

pl-2303hxd refern design

I think you can use EZ-USB FX2LP(CY7C68013A) that implemented tow uarts. see www.cypress.com

usb controller gpio

CYPRESS CY7c68013 and development KIT can meet your need. EVEN the driver and FIREWARE structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back