Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best method to save power in a battery powered project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mana111

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i'm doning my first battery powerd project and i want to know what is the best methods to save power like which is better the internal pullup or the external pullup?? and if it's the external which is best pullup or pulldown??? and any other ideas please.
thanx

Re: power managment??

hi, In first place you could start thinking in a MicroController designed for low power consumption. Then, you should study different ways of software strategies for switching between active and power off mode.
Also, all the Ics LowPower Oriented will help (for exaple, for linear regulators, texas has many little regulator with very little IQ in Active or Off mode).

mana111

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: power managment??

As for the pull-up or pull-down resistors, I don't know what you mean by internal or external... Most of the time this is determined by the ICs you need to use. If there are internal resistors where you need it, then no need to add external ones. If not, then you must use external resistors.

There's no best choice between pull-up or pull-down, it all depends on what the resistor is used for. When it happens that you can use either one, then choose the type that will be inactive most of the time. Use large resistor values, but be carefull to chose a value that bias the input where it is tied properly.

Best of luck,

cyberblak

mana111

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
power managment??

thanx alot

Status
Not open for further replies.