Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best method to analyze linear chirp data

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram123

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have certain home made acoustic sensors, whose response needs to be calibrated in a plane wave coupler. I will have to compute the transfer function (both amp and phs) of the sensor with respect to its input signal in the range of 0.1 Hz to 1000 Hz.

Presently, I am using linear chirp signal as the input and computing the response with a least square filter that assumes that there are no harmonics and no reflections from the other end of the coupler. I will not be getting true response in presence of harmonics or reflections.

What other methods are available to analyze chirp data containing harmonics and possible reflections? Any advise on whether "chirp" is a good way to go about this. Any other alternatives to chirp.

Thank you in advance.

Ram.

i think, frft maybe the best tool to analyze LFM signal

Reactions: amnass

amnass

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back