Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best free downloadable software for electronic circuit simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiya_23

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to simulate filters, tank circuits etc

I find Falstad's animated simulator easy to use. It's free. It's interactive.

www.falstad.com/circuit

It shows current bundles moving through wires, and portraying the interaction between components.

It comes with a library of circuits.

You can construct your own circuits. You can save them to disk and read them again.

This link will open the website and load a bandpass filter using an LC tank circuit. It will then run immediately on your computer. (Click Allow to load the Java applet.)

Falstad's has its limitations (although this is true of every simulator).

There are numerous simulators which get a favorable report at this message board. Many are in the Spice family, and have features which Falstad's does not.

Example, LTSpice is free. Also TINA.

Hey I know you are looking for a free software but here is a good simulator for cheap. Its called circuitlogix and it only costs $39 (from memory) for a lifetime and its very useful. Its a much simpler interface than the multisim and its a one window application. So have a look at it. Its got a free trial for 15 days or so.

Good luck
K

This question has been asked many times before. Texas Instruments TINA and Linear Technology's LTspice are both free.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back