Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best for GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec-eng

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the best the and the most efficient language to design GUI for interfacing

serial , parallel or usb computer ports to the outside world and external hardware

or circuits to send and recieve data

C++

C#

Matlab

Visual Basic

Other

Thanks

C++ : Read "Visual C++"

C# is managed and you have to go through managed code and interops to get your work done.

Finally, it boils down to what you are comfortable with.

Added after 3 minutes:

I answered VC++ because that's what I use :)

matlab is the best interfacing language using GUI that is simplest in implementation >>> i have experience in this field >> contact if more info needed

mohamed_bakr said:
matlab is the best interfacing language using GUI that is simplest in implementation >>> i have experience in this field >> contact if more info needed

please help me in gui's

thanks

GUI in matlab is easy to deal with, where u can open it easily from the down toolbar .
you can form really easy friendly user interface where from the blank screen select the part u want to make in it a toolbar or a push button and then select it to make its m-file as required by u and to add its link ( for ex ) for other file.

i advice u to use matlab help and search for GUI

Visual Basic is very easy to learn and use but less flexible then C#. For simple application i will prefer visual basic.

With Visual C++, you can do all that you do with other solutions and more.

The problem, is that VC++ most of the times it's more difficult to people that are starting to program.

can give tutorial made GUI in matlab??:D

Visual Basic is Best

Assalamo Allykum !

I think the Visual Basic language is best for the GUI. I have done some projects, in that projects us the Visual Basic 6.0 fo GUI.

VB is also easy to interface seriallly and parallel.

Take Care

Bye

Hi

VB & Matlab are the most simple
VC++ is the most powerful

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www(.)i-g(.)org

Your question is wrong. GUI relies on the os. The pl is just an interface to the OS and therefore just an interface to the GUI. JAVA imposes it's own virtual machine on the OS and therefore it's own GUI. .NET is an interface to the WIN API, and the WIN API is just a disaster, a freaking disaster. That is why MS spend over $200 million dolloars developing .NET to hide the Win API. Anyway, learn both Java and the .NET interfaces, that will cover most of the bases you need.

jhbbunch said:
WIN API is just a disaster, a freaking disaster.

Why?

I don't agree, I like it, and I like to develop applications that use only the WIN32API for GUI.

And like me, exist a lot of people.

This is always a question of power, if you want all the control, you have to use the WIN32API

Visual C++ is one of the best I guess. but most often, People tend to have opinion in which they are either familiar with or to which they are exposed first. So, the opinions are likely to be biased. Visual basic is equally good if you are interested in interfacing and the like programming. VC++ again is no bad, you can do anything with it! for GUI again, VC++ u can use either MFC or you can also create GUIs for C++ using Qt4. I personally have no experience with Qt but have heard it to be equally good.

hope this helps, If u have any further queries, feel free to post here.

cedance.

Most places/sites/forums seem to have a 2:1 support bases for Basic:C

go for java, use neatbeans. this combination is the best for gui development in all respect (price, time , platform independence and power).

the only thing is that your computer have to have decent hardware.

arnab/vu2bpw

that is what i also told : JAVA, with netbeans u create gui like visual basic and get every advantage and features of a modern language (Java). previously building gui is tough. but with netbeans its a peace of cake..............

arnab/vu2bpw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back