Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best DSO on the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artem

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am planning to buy DSO (bandwidth 100-200 MHz) but need your opinions regarding performance price , best price/performance ratio ...

I have found Tektronix interresting (2 ch 100 Mhz 1 GS sampling rate , US price 1,295 )

All opinions are wellcome

why do dso traces appear noisy

I had a TDS2014 (4x100MHz, 1GSps), and worked ok. Just a small problem with noisy trace at very low level input signal, but in rest I had no problems with it.

/pisoiu

oscilloscope 54622a game tetris

I have used TEK tds220,it is better

54622d tetris

The tek200 series is discontinued . I got the tek tds 2014 . Everything works fine , only little problem with increased noise at 5v/div .

best possible days sales outstanding

I have used the 54622A 100 MHz Agilent (former HP) DSOs and is quite satisfied with it. Easy to use and with lots of functions and advanced triggering modes and MegaZoom.
I don't know the price but you can easily find it on Agilent's web site.

Agilent also has the 54622D 100 MHz 2+16 channel MSO (Mixed-signal DSO with built-in Logic Analyzer).
Check out the datasheet here: **broken link removed**

The only problem is that it hasn't built in Tetris game as easter-egg, like the old 60 MHz model had. At least I haven't found the easter-egg in this model. :lol:

I can't compare it with Tektronix, since I haven't used any new Tektronix scopes like the TDS1000 or TDS2000 Series DSOs.

Tektronix TDS1012 is a 100 MHz 2 channel monochrome DSO
Tektronix TDS2012 is a 100 MHz 2 channel color DSO
Tektronix TDS2014 is a 100 MHz 4 channel color DSO
You can also get 60MHz and 200MHz DSOs in the same series.

If you want cheaper DOSs you should probably look for some of the less well-know brands like Protek or LG Precision (formerly Goldstar) etc.:
www.theelectronicstore.com/Test_Equipment/Oscilloscopes/digital_oscilloscopes.htm

tetris oscilloscope agilent dso

As far as buying source, the used dealers I have bought from are reliable and you get a good reduced price.

I can verify that the Tektronix models have poor noise performance. On the most sensitive scale it is 2/3 of a major division. Even on the least sensitive scale it is one pixel. Both of the above are peak to peak noise with the probe grabbing the ground clip. This problem is not in the Agilent models.

tds220 tds1012 comparison

I think the Agilent models are more expensive than Tektronix, but it sounds like Tektronix has some noise problems, so there is probably a reason why Agilent are more expensive. I haven't experinced any noise problems with Agilent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back