Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best C language compiler for WindowsXP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOps

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, what is the best C language compiler for WindowsXP?
Microsoft Visual Studio is not free...
i need some nice and free compiler, where i can do any C program under WindowsXP. if you know some very good ones, but not free, list them here anyway pls.
thanks

p.s. i was googling, and did find some hits, but i need the advice for better choice

Best FREE C compiler

And Borland Turbo C++ 2006 is free.

Best FREE C compiler

i did download Visual C++ express, but i think it is only for C++?? or can i do C programs using it??

Re: Best FREE C compiler

Of course you can do C programs using it.

BlackOps

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Best FREE C compiler

MS VS ... Expresses are 30 day trial. Cannot register. Please help!

Best FREE C compiler

medap, select register product from Help menu, then follow instructions, u will need to enter e-mail address. and then reply to the mail which u receive later. crevars, but i didnt see any new "C project" when opened projects... only win32..etc., and something else... how must i create C program there? just save it with .c file extension?

Create a Win32 console application, chose "empty project" and then progam in C style. You can always program in C with a C++ compiler. Even though your files are *.cpp it's ok.

If you want to use Win32 API (and programming in C...) you have to configure VC++ express in the right way. Take a look here:

**broken link removed**

Regards,
Franck.

you can use codeblocks ide its free
and add any of the multitude of free c and c++ compiler
provided it support it

look on there site www.codeblocks.org and visit there forum for a nightly build
as there main build is old
its easy to use and works perfectly well for most stuff
ive used it for sdcc and visual c++ free compilers
intel compilers and mingw

all the stuff ive built in them like comvdd etc works well

Best FREE C compiler

"Netbeans" and "Eclipse" are good alternative ,especially if you want in multiplatform!

You can try gcc using cygwin

I would like to suggest you the usage of C/C++ compilers from Borland. They use to be better than the MS ones.

Best regards

Please take no offence, but why on Earth do you want to put yourself to the torture of Windows XP programming in C ?!?!?!
If this is for a real project with complex data and user interfacing you are really in!

Best FREE C compiler

no i just needed simple C compiler, i downloaded that MSvisual studio express , and it will be ok for plain C programming. and not only. thanks for ur replies and suggestions

Best FREE C compiler

hi a need help:
i have to program equation or Matrice on FPGA using VHDL
Ni=[Nmax/di²]*k
Ni given for matrix 5*5 , in the same way for di

Added after 3 minutes:

in C if it is easier
thing you

BlackOps said:
hello, what is the best C language compiler for WindowsXP?
Microsoft Visual Studio is not free...
i need some nice and free compiler, where i can do any C program under WindowsXP. if you know some very good ones, but not free, list them here anyway pls.
thanks

p.s. i was googling, and did find some hits, but i need the advice for better choice

i suggest you DEVC++.

Regards,
Jun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back