Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is TEM, TE and TM wave??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyai

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everybody

What is TEM, TE and TM wave? And for antenna design, how to analyze the operating mode of an antenna?

Thanks in advance

checkthis out , it has full explanation of TM , TE and TEM

**broken link removed**

Basically any antenna radiates the EM waves of a particular polarisation. The electric and magnetic field are oriented in a particular way and this leads to different type of waves.

When E and M aboth are transverse to the direction of propagation then we say its TEM. In this case Ez = Hz=0 .

However if onlyt Ez=0 then its TE (only Electric field is in transverse direction and magnetic field component of EM waves is inclined to some other direction ) similarly TM waves.

Now there are many complexities involved while analysing the antennas ,the orientation of recieving antenna needs to be proper as per transmitting antenna so as to have proper transmission and reception.

However this topic is quite lengthy so please refer to Antenna and Wave propagation by Krauss (i gues its available in forum )

Bye.

Hi,

Just curious but are they in any relationship with the HE and EH modes?

evoplus said:
Hi,

Just curious but are they in any relationship with the HE and EH modes?

Hi,

I have actually come across this statement during my reading. Just that at that time it's says something like capacitive loading of the dormaint HE mode of propagation?

Well it is true that EH and HE is just the direction of the propagration?
What about the capacitive effect then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back