Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is SUBSTRATE PLUGGING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramesh441

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Every one,

Can I know what is SUBSTRATE PLUGGING in Analog Layout Design?

I think it's the same as SUBSTRATE TAPPING, i.e. providing low-ohmic connections from the substrate via a p+ region (in case of a p- substrate), contact to Metal_1 and a fully metal wire connection to GND (gnd!), not too far from all nMOS sources (these are the necessary nMOS body connections).

Thanks for the reply,

Can I know how could it be done on tool.
I am working on Virtuoso environment.

Is there any tutorial explaining that.

Thanking you,
RamesH

ramesh441 said:
Can I know how could it be done on tool.
I am working on Virtuoso environment.
How to create the substrate contacts depends on the PDK used. Some PDKs provide special cells for it, e.g. "subc".

ramesh441 said:
Is there any tutorial explaining that.
I think the UCLA EE115C - Tutorial 3 from Prof. Dejan Markovic (Winter 2007) explains it quite well. You can download it **broken link removed** via shashikumar.22's posting from Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:24 (2.rar). Download & unzip it, then open it and scroll down until "Creating Substrate Contacts".

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back