Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is so called "Mickey Mouse Logic"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bittware

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mickey mouse logic

Could anyone explain it?
I did google it on web, but had no satisfactory result.

mickey mouse logik

M²L = Mickey Mouse Logic
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

IanP said:
M²L = Mickey Mouse Logic
h**p://www.musicfromouterspace.com/analogsynth/mmlogic.html

Regards,
IanP
Hi IanP,
I have looked through the link. But I still don't know what relationship between Mickey Mouse and Digtial Logic? Why don't call it Donald Duck Logic?

I suppose you can call it Donald Duck Logic, or whatever you like ..
Below is what Paul Horowitz had to say on this subject in his famous book: The Art of Electronics", and .. that was all ..

Regards,
IanP

IanP said:
I suppose you can call it Donald Duck Logic, or whatever you like ..
Below is what Paul Horowitz had to say on this subject in his famous book: The Art of Electronics", and .. that was all ..

Regards,
IanP
Hi Ianp,
Actually, I first saw MML in this book. So I wondered why it is called MML. I guess it is because of its simplicity, even the children who like Mickey Mouse can recognize it. Am I right?

Mickey Mouse was a symbol of goodwill and optimism, but his work was oftentimes humorously amateurish or substandard.

bittware

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
It is called Mickey Mouse Logic because M²L=MML=
(M)ickey (M)ouse (L)ogic. It is just a form to
remember the meaning.

My thanks to the original poster and all the respondants, this is one of the more valueable pieces of information I've collected.

jallem said:
It is called Mickey Mouse Logic because M²L=MML=
(M)ickey (M)ouse (L)ogic. It is just a form to
remember the meaning.
I think you are confused by what we are talking about. I want to know what the MML stands for.

Added after 3 minutes:

echo47 said:
Mickey Mouse was a symbol of goodwill and optimism, but his work was oftentimes humorously amateurish or substandard.
Hi echo4,
Your explanation made sense to me. Mickey Mouse = Not so professional but usable and easy to implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.