Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is Proteus VSM tool and how does it compare with OrCAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad_abdulghany

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all

I have a question, what is Proteus VSM ?? is it an OrCAD PSPICE simulator like ? or what ?

If so, then what're advantages/disadvantages of it over OrCAD ..

Where can i get it also,

Thanks alot..

Ahmad,

what is proteus vsm

Proteus VSM is a very good tool in designing with Microcontrollers. Along with attching all components with 8051 and other microcontrollers, you can load ur code on 8051 in simulation. Without hardware you can test ur code.
Besides this all simulation of normal analog and digital circuits are same as that you do in Orcad, not much change. But with microcontrollers it adds facility of programming ur uC, not provided by any other tool as far as i know.

proteus vsm tutorials for avr

First of all, thank you very much for your reply,

But may I ask another question, Does that program support PIC µC family as well as AVR ?

Also, I need an answer to the second part in my first post, where can I get it?

Thanks alot,

Ahmad,

code analog model vsm

yes proteus supports PIC simulation. u can download it from labcenter.co.uk . there are two version lite and demo. in lite version u cant save designs but in demo version its possibel.

but still u need to buy a full version for some options

proteus simulatoin tool

Proteus VSM is a realtime simulator. Its widely used in micro-controller based designs. For analog simulation use pspice, electronic workbench...

electronic workbench proteus vsm

Many Thanks to every one replied here,

Your replies were really interested,

I think Proteus is an amazing tool, I need to learn how to use it!

Can you give me some tutorials to start with in it please,

Thanks in advance,

Ahmad,

Status
Not open for further replies.