Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] What is Propagated Clock in ASIC flow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hariharan.gb

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have very silly question, but interested to get a detailed answer or analysis for all (5 "wifes") where?, when?, why?, what? Will? and (1 Husband) how? :p

Question:
1) What is propagated clock in a ASIC Clock?
2) Will the clock be called in such a way, and hence it is be termed and is it like where we have a black box and when we do STA for our block, we call it as propagated clock? Is that right? please give some brief note here >>>
3) Why we do so and what is the exact reason behind that, and if i want to constraint how i will constraint it?
4) Any brief spoon feeding analysis is also welcome. (need to know completely what is it?)

Hope all 5wives and 1husband is covered...

Hariharan B

Last edited:

See before the CTS (clock tree synthesis) we dont have the actual tree built. So we come up with some estimated latency value and with this we try to analyze and optimize ur design.
But once the clock tree is built then we say that the clock is propagated and now we dont require any latency value as the tool will calculate the exact latency.

Thats all the logic here nothing else.

Reactions: ivlsi

ivlsi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back