Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is meant by Rx level and what is its practical application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul.6sept

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone please let me know what is mean by Rx level and what is its practical significance?????

regards,
rahul

rx level full

Hi,

Do you mean the signal level feeds to the receiver or the sensitivity level ?

Rogerynt

rx level sub

I think you mean is the receiver's sensitivity level, it is the minium level of the signal that the receiver can indentify,it signify the receive capability of the receiver.

rxlevel

RX Level is not sensitivity.

RX Level represents a signal at the input of your receiver. Could be anywhere into the range of the receiver’s dynamic range.

RSSI (Read Signal Strength Indicator) could measure the RX Level.

rx level (full and sub)-

So is it the noise floor of your Rx?
It sounds like the Sensitivity minus the S/N (KTB+N). Are you trying to
find where your RX will lock to the TX Freq?

rx level full and rx level sub

I think, RX level is the level of the signal in the place, where you are receiving the signal. It can be calculated from the ouput power of the transmitter, radiating pattern of the transmitter antenna and distance between transmitter and receiver. It is the level of the signal, which enters the receiver antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back