Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is it ment by pCell??? thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad_abdulghany

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

What's it ment by pCell? what is its importance in both analog, digital and AMS designs using Cadence?

How can it be created? what're languages needed?

Please answer as much questions as you can, and add anyother extra comments and info about it.

Thanks alot in advance,
Ahmad,

ahmad_abdulghany said:
Hello,

What's it ment by pCell? what is its importance in both analog, digital and AMS designs using Cadence?

How can it be created? what're languages needed?

Please answer as much questions as you can, and add anyother extra comments and info about it.

Thanks alot in advance,
Ahmad,
the purpose of having pcell is to make designer job easier bacause u don't have to draw the tarnsistor layout from scratch. Just specify the size of the transistor and pcell will automatically create it for you..... language needed is SKILL language if I not mistaken.....

pbs681 said:
the purpose of having pcell is to make designer job easier bacause u don't have to draw the tarnsistor layout from scratch. Just specify the size of the transistor and pcell will automatically create it for you..... language needed is SKILL language if I not mistaken.....

Yes, it's SKILL, you're no mistaken,
and thank you both for help..

If you have samples on PCells for transitors, resistors, MIM capacitors, ...etc. please upload them here.

Thanks in advance,
Ahmad,

any good tutorial about making PCells?

Cadence provides lot of detailed material regarding creation of pcells.
U can try help in CIW if layout plus.

well I have some Pcell examples but they're for synopsys tools (not cadence). They're writen in TCL, but Pcells can be programed in other languages, for example, I think you can use PERL to do this.

hope this help and let me know if you're still intereseted on those examples,

diemilio

diemilio said:
well I have some Pcell examples but they're for synopsys tools (not cadence). They're writen in TCL, but Pcells can be programed in other languages, for example, I think you can use PERL to do this.

hope this help and let me know if you're still intereseted on those examples,

diemilio

which tool of synopsys tools ? I want

In cadence Virtuso you can create pcells in two ways.

1. By setting design environment in Pcell mode and drawing it as layout. And giving the expressions to the corresoponding design.

2. By writing the code in skill language and executing it from CIW window.

I am not sure about the Synopsis tool...and creating pcell script with perl...Need conformation.

Yes, Cadence itself provides lot's of good documents for Pcell. You can get it from CIW window. Please give me feedback if I am wron any where.

They also written for cadence in a language called SKILL language
which is a scripting language

I have a question with PCell in DW (Design Workshops) but not Cadence. Does anyone familiar with this software and how to write a PCell from it? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back