Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is isolated mosfet and what advantages over mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prem Arjun

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone tell me what an isolated mosfet is and what are its advantages over an mosfet?

Your information would be of great help.
Thank you

Isolated devices are the devices which have their substrates isolated from the rest of the circuit. This comes in handy usually when you need to use S-B connection in NMOS devices, but if you use this as a design methodology you can significantly reduce the substrate noise coupling from whatever digital circuit you have on the outside. Some processes offer triple well which makes it even easier to separate the sensitive devices from others.

Disadvantage is the area. You'd expect performance to be different but it's not in line with claims and measurements, so somehow they give the same performance, I just accepted that as magic and I'm no longer questioning it.

Refer to your process documents and stuff for details, this is just my limited knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.