Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is inside of gates and buffers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

osmansafa

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i am taking both logic and circuit analysis but i wonder what is inside an AND gate (also all other gates), transmission gates ,tri-state buffer and also dependent voltage or current sources can you explain or suggest some reading but note i havent taken any electronics yet thanks in adance

inside of components

Hi

You can find the data sheets on the net, for example https://www-ee.eng.hawaii.edu/~tep/EE260/TTL/Datasheets/7400.pdf,

in order to understand in detail the internal circuits in the logig gates you need to study advanced circuit analysis and microelectronics. If you ask my opinion, there is no point in going further studying the inside of logic gates if you are not going to work in microelectronic or integrated circuits design, if you want to work in companies like Intel, Texas instruments or others which make circuits, then you go and study more about it.

if this helps you, please click on "helped me" for statistics

Sal

osmansafa

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: inside of components

osmansafa said:
hi i am taking both logic and circuit analysis but i wonder what is inside an AND gate (also all other gates), transmission gates ,tri-state buffer and also dependent voltage or current sources can you explain or suggest some reading but note i havent taken any electronics yet thanks in adance

Transistors :D

osmansafa

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.