Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is Illegal Cell Locations in Magma

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb_cancer

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, When I am doing Physical optimization/fix cell stage in Magma, I received this error and the execution was stopped. My Query is what are Illegal Locations for Cell Placement & How to Solve this illegally placed cells...
Thanks!

Hi,

can u please eloborate on this. wat was the warning u received and at wat stage in fix cell. if possible can u paste the error message. wat type of cells are illegally placed. please use " query location cell $cell" and check if it is fixed. if so change it to floating using force location cell $cell floating.

Thanks

Hi,
What kind of cell is that?Is it a macro or standard cell??
Uday

Hi,

Before detailed placement, all cell have illegal locations, and all of cell have "floating" attribute will be consider on the placer. Please check and make sure your cell's attribute is not "fixed". The data model commands on below are useful for you to debug the error:

data get $cell location
date put $cell location fixed

For more information:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back