Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is Fractional Bandwidth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwittema

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So I keep hearing talk of 3:1 bandwidth or something similar at work but have no idea what that means. I know that they can use the formula below and get a percentage. But where does the Ration come from?

(F2-F1)/Fc = BW(%)

% or Ratio
5 or 1.05:1
10 or 1.11:1
20 or 1.22:1
30 or 1.35:1
40 or 1.50:1
50 or 1.67:1
60 or 1.85:1

Hi there

well for wideband antennas we normally use the ratio while for narrow band antennas we normally use the percentage using the formula mentioned by your.

for ratio we simply use : fh/fl

i hope this helps

regards

Hi there

well for wideband antennas we normally use the ratio while for narrow band antennas we normally use the percentage using the formula mentioned by your.

for ratio we simply use : fh/fl

i hope this helps

regards
if this is the formula for ratio b.w then when a paper claim spiral antenna have 40:1 ratio what dose it mean?can you give an example so that i can understand plzzzzzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back