Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is Flash Memory Address available for pic16f877a?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryusgnal

Advanced Member level 4
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
102
Helped
3
Reputation
6
Reaction score
1
Trophy points
1,298
Location
Malaysia
Activity points
1,992
Flash Memory Address

What is Flash Memory Address available for pic16f877a? So I can use it to store 256 byte data into it.


thank you....
 

blueroomelectronics

Advanced Member level 5
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
1,686
Helped
180
Reputation
358
Reaction score
77
Trophy points
1,328
Location
Toronto, Canada
Activity points
8,696
Re: Flash Memory Address

ryusgnal said:
What is Flash Memory Address available for pic16f877a? So I can use it to store 256 byte data into it.


thank you....

Yes, you can use either EEPROM or Flash for storing data. Using Flash is a little trickier in the 16F87x series and easy in the 18F.
 

ryusgnal

Advanced Member level 4
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
102
Helped
3
Reputation
6
Reaction score
1
Trophy points
1,298
Location
Malaysia
Activity points
1,992
Re: Flash Memory Address

blueroomelectronics said:
ryusgnal said:
What is Flash Memory Address available for pic16f877a? So I can use it to store 256 byte data into it.


thank you....

Yes, you can use either EEPROM or Flash for storing data. Using Flash is a little trickier in the 16F87x series and easy in the 18F.

what is the addresses available for EEPROM and Flash memory in pic16f877a?
 

ryusgnal

Advanced Member level 4
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
102
Helped
3
Reputation
6
Reaction score
1
Trophy points
1,298
Location
Malaysia
Activity points
1,992
Re: Flash Memory Address

blueroomelectronics said:
It's in the datasheet. 368bytes EEPROM, Flash is the entire 8K range.

If I want to write the program, what address I should use to store the 256 bytes data.

example: Flash_Write(0X****, dataWr);

what should I put at ****?
 

drbizzarow

Advanced Member level 1
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
416
Helped
25
Reputation
50
Reaction score
15
Trophy points
1,298
Activity points
3,653
Flash Memory Address

u dont need to write your program if you ar programming in PCW or other C compiler .... they got builtin fuction to do this ....write_eeprom(address,data); you can find help in your compiler to undestend ....... other usefull thing is u dont need to bother their addresse if you wanna write at first location of their flash eeprom then address will be 0 ie: write_eeprom(0, 0xaa);
 

ryusgnal

Advanced Member level 4
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
102
Helped
3
Reputation
6
Reaction score
1
Trophy points
1,298
Location
Malaysia
Activity points
1,992
Re: Flash Memory Address

drbizzarow said:
u dont need to write your program if you ar programming in PCW or other C compiler .... they got builtin fuction to do this ....write_eeprom(address,data); you can find help in your compiler to undestend ....... other usefull thing is u dont need to bother their addresse if you wanna write at first location of their flash eeprom then address will be 0 ie: write_eeprom(0, 0xaa);

Is it o.k to put data at first location? I afraid if they put special register there. is it enough to store 256byte data?
 

mongoose

Newbie level 6
Joined
Feb 17, 2008
Messages
12
Helped
0
Reputation
0
Reaction score
0
Trophy points
1,281
Activity points
1,345
Re: Flash Memory Address

Yes,you can,I use mine to store varibles on.

Here is the code to store varibles (in pic C).

#define LAST_VOLUME 10
A = read_EEPROM (LAST_VOLUME);

A;
write_eeprom(LAST_VOLUME,A);


Mongoose

Bj Erasmus
 

laktronics

Banned
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
943
Helped
176
Reputation
352
Reaction score
18
Trophy points
1,298
Activity points
0
Re: Flash Memory Address

Hi,
As a standard, PIC ICs use the starting address of EEPROM at 0X2100 and with 256 bytes, it goes up to 0X21FF. The Flash memory of 8k resides in the address map 0X0000 to 0X1FFF . If the C allows to write to these locations as an array, you should do that instead of writing at absolute addresses since the code also resides in this area.
Regards,
Laktronics
 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Top