Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is Error Amplifer used for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeslyn_83

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is an error amplifier use for?

Re: Error Amplifer

An error amplifier is most commonly encountered in feedback unidirectional voltage control circuits where the sampled output voltage of the circuit under control is fed back and compared to a stable reference voltage. Any difference between the two generates a compensating error voltage which tends to move the output voltage towards the design specification.

I have construct an error amplifier using MOSFET. By injecting the input V-=5V and V+= 6.0893V and simulate through PSpice. The output i got is 1.3922V.

Is it simply by substracting the V+ and V- to get the output. If so, why the voltage is abit higher compare to the calculation?

Error Amplifer

Your Mosfet doesn't have much voltage gain. Usually an opamp with an internal voltage gain of 200,000 is used as an error amplifier.

Can you tell me how to increase the voltage gain?
and what should the output be?

Error Amplifer

You forgot to attach your circuit so how am I supposed to see what it is???
Is it a voltage regulator?
What are you using as its accurate reference voltage?

ops... I am designing a DC-DC down converter. Here is my attach file.
Thanks. I have just upload the circuit.

Error Amplifer

I got an error that says your file does not exist anymore.

Added after 3 hours 59 minutes:

I can see your schematic now.
It is the size of my entire neighbourhood so I see only one small part then I must scroll th see more.

It looks like you are making your own Cmos opamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.