Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is electronic design and interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taring77

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi experts may anyone help me clarify what is the basic understanding of electronic design and interface its for very very basic students who just get to know engineering.

May i say its all back to basics like electronics basics

it is a wide feild,starting from basic circuit theory to chip designing

Added after 2 minutes:

u can use electronic devices by floyed,or the same tital of bogart or electronics circuit design and analysis by donald a neamen

i guess that is designing part what about electronic interfaces? does it mean software interface with hardware??

Hi.

I understand an electronic interface as an electronic circuit that let you plug another circuit using standard physical connections and signals.

For instance, USB, serial and parallel ports are interfaces that let you plug other devices into computer using standards pins and voltages. Oh, and there is a protocol to establish communication too.

Electronic design is the process of creating electronic product by using the electronics theory, laws and principals. It is not easy but very exiting and interesting.

Electronic interface it is means for communication between electronic equipment and another device or human. It can be bus, connector or special device. Displays, buttons, switches and so on provides means for HMI - Human-Machine-Interface.

say for e.g if you want to design a amplifer using transistor first you must look for amplifier circuit . generally it consists of a BJT, , resitors and capcitor .Then it consists of power supply too. here you have to determine what value od resistors and capacitors to be used and the supply voltage to be based on some formulae and the required amount of gain you need. this can also be taken as design of that particular circuit.
interface may be in general hardware or software ,used to connect different circuits which are of different specifications or doing different functions

To laseetha,

You descibed simplified process of amplifier circuit design. Before start it you need to chose amplifier architecture and do system design which provide necessary information for circuit design. Design is not just once written list of actions rather it is creative process that include all the stages of required work. There may be system design, circuit design, layout design, design verification and design optimization.

Status
Not open for further replies.