Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is dynamic impedance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharatsmile2007

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

What is dynamic impedance?

How is the dynamic impedance measured?

Thanks

bharatsmile2007,
Dynamic impedance is the slope of the voltage vs current curve. For example, with a diode, You might have a voltage of 0.6V and a current of 1mA. Voltage divided by current yields 600 Ohms. However, the slope of the i vs v curve at this point might be 60 Ohms. A quick look at the v vs i curve of a diode will make this more apparent.
Regards,
Kral

Kral, your definition is right for the dynamic resistance. I'm not sure if it is the same for a dynamic impedance?... The impedance always means AC signals and is frequency dependent.

You are correct. I carelssly read "impedance" as "resistance"
Regards,
Kral

Hi kral and antonio_eda...

can you pls let me know "what is dynamic impedance?"

Now i know what is dynamic resistance....

THanks

The impedance of a circuit having an inductance and a capacitance in parallel at the frequency at which this impedance has a maximum value. Also known as rejector impedance.

ref:google

Status
Not open for further replies.