Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is different about GSM and GPRS RF testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhjang

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
About GPRS testing

HI,
What's diferent about GSM and GPRS RF testing?
GSM 11.10 12-14 list GSM RF test items, also list some GPRS test items.
F/P erroe, Tx power, ORFS, input level and cochannel rejectin.
Are these items enough for FTA of GPRS RF test?
Or there is other spec for GPRS RF test?
thanks a lot.

There are three test mode in agilent8960/cmu200's gprs test model:modeA(for TX)modeB(TX&RX,not for all handset) and BLER(TX&RX).Generally speaking,gprs test is same as gsm besides the multislot pwr test for TX and the block error rate test(CS1/CS2/CS3/CS4)for RX.

Re: About GPRS testing

According to 3GPP/GSM TS 43.064 "Overall description of the GPRS radio interface" (paragraph 6.4):

The GSM Physical RF layer is defined in GSM 05.xx series recommendations, which specify among other things:
- The carrier frequencies characteristics and GSM radio channel structures (GSM 05.02 [11]);
- The modulation of the transmitted wave forms and the raw data rates of GSM channels (GSM 05.04 [13]); and
- The transmitter and receiver characteristics and performance requirements (GSM 05.05 [14]).
In the case of EGPRS, the modulation format is inherently signalled by the rotation factor of the training sequences as
specified in GSM 05.04 [13] and GSM 05.02 [11] , enabling blind detection in the receiver.

So I think that the same RF conformance specs as in GSM are also valid for GPRS...

hope this helps!
mogwai.

Re: About GPRS testing

Hi Guys
I have a confusion about the data rates of GSM. I have read that....

"GMSK produces 270.833 K symbols/second
The gross transmission rate of the time slot is 22.8 Kbps
GSM is a digital system with an over-the-air bit rate of 270 kbps"

&
"Speech rate of 13kbps and data rate of 9.6kbps"
"Data rate of 13kbps and Channel rate of 22.8kbps"

*I do not have any confusion about Half and full rate that's why i have used full rate only.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back