Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is DFM and where do we check it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldude040

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is DFM and why DFM where do we check this?

Re: DFM

it is the phase in physical design flow where we check for possible manufacturing defects coresponding to the technology node ....it must be done before mask information is generated ! Else you may forget about IC !! (and ofcourse....some crores of money !!!!)

DFM

DFM stands for design for manufaction.....

Re: DFM

Close, beta0... it's Design for Manufacturing. DFM is a set of technologies and methodologies that is still being defined in the industry, but is targeted toward counteracting adverse effects of the manufacturing process (as it becomes less robust at smaller geometries) during the design process. There are many techniques involved in DFM, and most are pertain to adjusting the drawn geometry and/or running additional DRC checks. It's a fascinating subject, and one that will be important in times to come...

John
DFT Digest
DFT Forum

DFM

At what stage do we check for DFm can u plz tell me?
in physical design at what stage?
I think in Nanoroute we check that? am i right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back