Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is demagnetization of a submarine??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamal00

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,i want to know how can demagnetize a submarine?anybody can help me?

Hi,

I got it from wiki. Its called the Deperming process. It says that very heavy copper cables are wrapped around the structure and current as high as 4000 amps are injected to the cables therefore resetting the magnetic levels as suited to the environment. The process needs to be repeated again over time to maintain desired effect. Very interesting information..

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

I got it from wiki. Its called the Deperming process. It says that very heavy copper cables are wrapped around the structure and current as high as 4000 amps are injected to the cables therefore resetting the magnetic levels as suited to the environment. The process needs to be repeated again over time to maintain desired effect. Very interesting information..

hi,are you know that useful in underwater for demagnetize submarine or not?

- - - Updated - - -

hi.no i have not.i want this info for my university research.

Seems to me, a magnetized submarine will have its compass thrown off heading. I don't know about galvanic effects.

It makes me wonder about compasses in automobiles, which are made of steel.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Last edited:
The reason ships and submarines get demagnetized is to protect them from magnetic mines.

V

They can be detected, if submarine is magnetized.

V

hi,are you know that useful in underwater for demagnetize submarine or not?

- - - Updated - - -

according to the link posted by tpetar, the vessel is placed inside a special enclosure to avoid from interfering with the Earth's magnetic field. So the submarines are placed here as well for the deperming process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back