Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is deifferent of delay_mode_zero and delay_mode_unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atuo

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
delay_mode_zero

When I simulate netlist without sdf using VCS.I use the +delay_mode_zero compile time option, the simulation result is error. But using the +delay_mode_unit ,the simulation result is right. I don't know why?

Thanks.

delay_mode_unit

delay_mode_zero specifies zero delay where as delay_mode_unit specifies one unit (depending on the specified timescale) delay. So there are chances of difference in simulation behaviors between these two options.

Eg:

assign #5 a = b;

with delay_mode_zero the delay will be 0. Assuming timescale is 1ps/1ps, then with delay_mode_unit the delay will be 1 ps.

Added after 17 minutes:

to be more specific to netlist without sdf, delay_mode_unit will add a unit delay on all the output ports whereas the delay_mode_zero will not. So there are chances that the simulation results are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back