Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is better for a digital designer: Cadence or Synopsis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
synopsys cadence

It depends on what tools and what design Cadence and Synopsys are the top 2 EDA vendor now.

synopsys vs cadence

Digital designer need to be flexible and adaptive enough and to easiliy switch from one tool to another when company managers make "better deal" with new tool provider.
That mean, you need to know enough to easily adapt to tool specific things.
Synopsys and Cadence are 2 main player on ASIC CAD tool market, and except Mentor G. everything else are small players.
Both Synopsys and Cadence cover practically everything in front-end and back-end ASIC design. In the last decade they bought numerous small companies ...
Simulator Market: there are 3 big players - Synopsys VCS, Cadence NCSim/NCVerilog/..., Mentor G. ModelSim; ModelSim even after improves in last few years is the slowest one and is used mainly for small projects, in FPGA world, in mixed-language environment; main battle will be in following years between Synopsys and Cadence simulators about support for functional coverage colect and analysis, support of HVLs like e or Vera or SystemVerilog (without co-simulation), etc.
ASIC Synthesis Market - DC has 90+% of market, Cadence last try to be more important here is accuisition of Get2Chip, but it look that it will not be much more succesfull then Ambit ...
FPGA Synthesis Market - some small players are main here like Synplicity
Physical Synthesis Market - was divided between Cadence (PKS, Ambit) and Synopsys/Avanti tools
Static Timing Analysis Market - Synopsys PrimeTime has ~100%
ASIC Floorplanning Market - Cadence First Encounter was in advance
ASIC P&R Market - still the biggest market and Cadence is still in advance
and so on for SPICE Market, Analog Simulation Market, ATPG Market, BIST Market, Scan Insertion Market, RC Extraction Market, DRC Market, Power Reduction Synthesis Market, etc.

cadence vs synopsys

It is the best that the simulator of Cds
and synthesis of snps

cadence synopsis

The service from cadence are so bad than synopsys,but synopsys are also expensive.So ,the most important thing is what you want.

synopsis tools

altra said:
The service from cadence are so bad than synopsys,but synopsys are also expensive.So ,the most important thing is what you want.

That's not true. EDA company treat you differently depend on how big customer you are. We have bad experiences with Synopsys and a few good experience wirth Cadence. The price is almost the same if you know how to negociate

cadence vs synopsis

I think it would be better to have both tools. As a digital IC designer, you may want to use Cadence's schematic capture tool, Verilog simulator, and its layout tools like SE; you may also want to use Synopsys for synthesis and power estimation and etc.

synopsis vs cadence

No one is better,there is no one who can give you a total solution.

/ synopsys / cadence

Magma said they have total solution. Do you believe it?
Someone said use best point tools to make a best flow. Do you believe it?

synopsis cadence

It's better to use synopthesis DC to synthesis.

difference between synopsis and cadence

Synopsys tools are more powerful & easy to use in the front end design

synopsys, cadence

Choose different tools for different jobs.

cadence and synopsys

Synopsys DC is more popular, so its price is higher than other synthesis tools. Cadence BuildGate is not bad, but it's much cheaper than DC because it's not so popular and its market share is much smaller than DC. But the full custom tool from Cadence is very expensive compared to the other alternative because of its market share and popularity.

site:www.edaboard.com synopsys tool

Tools didn't do the job, but people do. I would rather stay with the tool which my coworkers LIKE to use, but not the one is "better"....

synopsys pt

Cadence tools are better than synopys's in back end design; while synopsy tools are better than cadence's in front end design.

which shoule be selected? It depends what your work is focus on front end or back end?

synopsys engineer levels vs cadence

To me since I have been dealing with Cadence for the past 2 years, I'll vote for Cadence.

Changing from one tools to another does not do any good since our job function in designing IC are hard enough to deal with.

Jumping from one "bandwagon" to the other will leave you with NO design at the end of the day.

My advice, stick to what you have as long as it can serve you ENOUGH.

T Zul

tools cadence synapsis

cadence is the best in the flow, simulate, verify PCB etc
Synps is the best in the synthesis, power analoyze etc

synopsys from cadence

Usually the designers don't have the right to choose which tools to use : (
We can suggest our favorite tools to the boss, but most of time, budget decides the final answer except some particular tool has obvious problem :p
But from another point of view, it's us doing the design, not the tools! Maybe some tool is more convenient than the others, but there is always some way to work around, isn't it : )

cadence vs synopsys

I thinks VCS is better than ncverilog

synopsys+tools+descriptions

synopsys = cadence, it is not a joke. each of them is practical and validable. The choice is determined by you wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back